ŠAVORIĆ & PARTNERS Attorneys At Law, LLC with its registered seat in Zagreb, Ilica 1/A, registered at the Commercial court in Zagreb under the number 080491752, PIN (OIB): 76399409042 (hereinafter: „Š&P“) is committed to protecting of your privacy rights in an online world and is advocating for the greater transparency of the used technology. Pursuant to Articles 12, 13 and 14 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter: the „GDPR“), whereby we provide you the information on who is data controller, who are the recipients of data, which data is processed, for what purpose and what is the retention period for the processed data.
Š&P collects and processes personal data about you (e.g. information that can directly or indirectly identify you, especially with identifiers, such as, name, surname, title, telephone, email, company where you are employed, location information, IP address (hereinafter: the “Personal Data”), in the following cases:
- when you use the contact form provided on the website or when you contact us over the e-mail,
- when we process your job application,
- when you visit our website and use the specific functionality of our website.
Š&P will not collect Personal Data unless you voluntarily provide it to us, except for certain Personal Data collected through the information systems and programs used for the operation of our website, whose transmission is necessary for the use of internet communication protocols and will not require more information than is necessary for performing certain activities.
DATA WE PROCESS
In order to ensure the correct functioning of the Š&P website, we may store small files on your devices, also known as cookies. The same has been done by many other websites. Cookies are small text files that are stored on a computer or mobile device while visiting a particular site. Using a cookie, your site remembers your actions and preferences (such as sign-in, language, font size, and other preferences related to the display) over a long period of time, so you do not need to re-enter them every time you return to the site or browse its various pages.
Kindly note that we use “functional cookies” only. Functional cookies are cookies that are essential for the website to work. EU law does not require the website to ask you for permission to place these kinds of cookies.
- CONTACT FORM
Š&P collects certain Personal Data provided by you via our contact form when you wish to establish a contact with us with your query, job application or similar. Access to Personal Data provided thereto have only authorized personnel within Š&P, bound by the confidentiality statement, who process your inquiries in order to contact you. This data is kept for 2 (two) years since the day of their receipt.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
- taking steps on your request before signing a contract (e.g. answering your questions and comments, meeting your requirements, submitting bids, receiving bids, communicating with you, processing an open application or signing up for a job),
- investigating suspicion of fraud, harassment, physical threat or other violations of any laws, rules or regulations, or the rights of third parties; or researching any suspicious behavior that we find indecent,
- compliance with the legal obligation to which Š&P is subject (e.g. for disclosures prescribed by law, other regulations or court orders),
- processing for the purposes of, or in connection with, legal proceedings, establishing, defending or enforcing legal rights.
Giving Personal Data for the Purposes i. to iv. above is voluntary, but any refusal to provide such data may disable Š&P to enter into the contract with you, respond to your requests, provide you with legal services, receive and process your application, and it adheres to the legal obligations under which Š&P is subject.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed, in close connection with the above purposes to:
- entities that need to send mail or email, remove recurring information from the list of recipients of services, analyze data and provide support, provide user services, and which typically handle Personal Data on behalf of Š&P as processing executives, such as a cloud provider;
- entities that maintain our IT systems;
- persons authorized by the Š&P for the processing of Personal Data, subject to the corresponding legal obligation of confidentiality (employees of Š&P);
- Š&P associates, who are subject to the appropriate contractual obligation of confidentiality;
- competent authorities and public authorities when required by applicable law or in good faith (for example, to comply with the provisions of the law or legal proceedings in relation to the Š&P for the purpose of protecting and defending the rights or property of the Š&P or, in urgent circumstances, the security of Š&P clients or the public);
- business partners for their needs, only in accordance with appropriate legal grounds of processing.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The Š&P will process your Personal Data only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes described above unless this Policy otherwise specifies. Given the above-stated purposes, your Personal Data will be processed until you exercise your right to object or until you withdraw your consent for Personal Data processing.
In addition to the foregoing, the Š&P will keep your Personal Data as required or permitted in accordance with applicable laws.
The Š&P informs you that, in accordance with the extent permitted by applicable laws, you have the right to request from the Š&P access and correction or deletion of Personal Data, or processing limitations related to your Personal Data, as well as to object to processing activities and to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Personal Data Protection Agency). You also have the right to know the recipients or categories of recipients to which your Personal Data was or will be disclosed, especially to recipients in third countries.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND COMMENTS
The information on our website related to any service is only applicable in the Republic of Croatia and is not considered as legal advice.